News, News and More News
Hello Everyone 9-9-21
So many things are going on at the moment that we do not know where to start. So, let’s begin with Johnson County. Yesterday for the second time in 30 days we finished round two in Johnson County. We thought we were done there and four days after we completed our last job and second 100-year flood event occurred. This time it caused major damage to the little community of Butler which is about 10 miles from Mountain City.
Round two was led by Randy Smith and he was assisted by Jack Thrall, Foye Manning and the “rock man” Gary Edmond. We had two track-hoes and two skid-steers and a dump truck to complete the task. You can see from the video link below just one of the 8 projects that was undertaken and completed.
Click this Video link https://youtu.be/-k4FpufKH1w
Next on the list is Waverly
Brock and Kathy Henry reported that due to the tremendous outpouring of volunteers and the number of jobs completed they may shut down by Saturday. A total of 215 jobs was received and as of today at 7pm 117 jobs have been completed. This is totally amazing!! You can see more details below in Wes Jones update.
Next is Louisiana
So far, we have sent two teams down. The first was Dale Moles and his crew doing Water Rescue. The second was Dale Moles and Terry Wolfe delivering our big 60 KW generator to Camp Living Waters in Independence Louisiana. Today in a phone call with the director he stated, “we simply could not have made it without this generator”. I ask him if he had funds to purchase fuel to keep it running until the power comes back on and he said “not really” so at noon today due to the generosity of our churches and friends donating funds we sent them a check for $1,000.00. God is truly amazing.
Also, by your great generosity and God’s provision a 53 ft. semi loaded with supplies was shipped to our partner Johnny Huffman at Fairhaven Ministries on Friday September 3. It arrived Saturday morning and was quickly unloaded and reloaded onto other trucks and trailers and shipped to the areas most affected by the storm. Johnny said in a phone conversation today that the supplies on the trailer, which included food, shovels, rakes, tarps, water, fruit juice and much more was exactly what was needed. Once again God truly provides!! But wait there is more to this story. The Semi-Tractor Trailor and the driver was provided by Southern Freight Services. Jessica Covington called from SFS to advise they had the truck, trailer and driver ready to go. Once again God provides!! There is still more to the story- Jessica call back later to advise that her church “Arrowhead” was starting a collection drive for supplies, and they would soon be bringing them to God’s Warehouse for shipment to Louisiana. God is simply amazing. If all goes as planned, we hope to ship our second load on Monday.
If you, your church or civic group would like to assist in collecting supplies please see the list below.
Continuing with Louisiana
Wes Jones in communications with our SBDR operation in Hammond Louisiana learned that Bucket Trucks and Chainsaw crews were desperately needed. Therefore, we need volunteers for a team now forming with plans to leave Sunday morning. Mr. Gary Cate from Knoxville will be the Crew chief and will be taking our big bucket truck. If you are available to go, please call, text or email me ASAP.
This need is URGENT!!
The destination will be: Woodland Park Baptist Church 1909 JW Davis Dr. Hammond Louisiana
Harvest of Israel
Yesterday, (Wednesday) Tim Velie and his crew loaded and shipped Container 72 to Israel. Tim and the boys are already working on Container 73. God is Good!!
News from Wes:
There are many things to update you on regarding Waverly, Johnson County, and Louisiana.
I cannot say, “Thank You” enough for all those teams, churches and individuals who have showed up to support the Flood Response in Waverly. I want to especially thank Kathy and Brock Henry, and Bill Lowe who have overseen the operation. Because of the work you have done in a relatively short time, we are closing the “Response” part of the work. You have cleared over 215 work orders and those that remain should be finished up by the weekend. For those of you that were still planning on going to Waverly in the coming weeks, please, Stand Down. If you took a team and did not fill out Formstack, please go into the App and do that.
There will be more work to do in the future as the area creates a “Long Term Recovery Group” that works with homeowners to bring in those that can assist in putting the homes back in order. As this gets set up, we will be looking for construction teams that can help put the sheetrock and other items back, so that the homeowners can move back in. I will update you has I have more details. Please be talking to your churches and team members who have these types of skills; sheetrock hanging, mudding, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other building related skills to see if they would be interested in serving in the future.
The team from East TN that has been working in Johnson County should finish up there this week also. I want to thank them for the long days they have had driving back and forth and the work they have accomplished. Thank you to Jack Thrall and the team that has been working with him.
The response in Louisiana will be long and difficult. Let me start by telling you some of the requests for teams that we have as of yesterday. Locations vary based on the needs on the field at the time. All teams going will need to be filling out Formstack for their teams, especially the Roster and Daily Reports.
1. Tarping Teams-There are a lot of homes with minor to major roof damage and they need tarping teams ASAP. If you have a group that would be skilled at tarping, please let me know, a. the type of team you are, b. when you can go, c. how many will be on your team and d. the contact’s name and number for your team leader.
2. Chainsaw Teams-They need chainsaw crews. If your team has access to a skid-steer or tractor that would be a great help. Once again, when you have assembled a team, I need to know the type of team you have, the name and contact number for the team leader, dates you would like to go and come back, the approximate number of team members and any heavy equipment you are taking.
3. Laundry Trailer-There is an immediate need for a laundry trailer to wash for a guard unit that is currently deployed. If you can take you a shower trailer and man it, please let me know as soon as possible. I will need to double check the need before you go to make sure another state has not responded.
4. Assessor and Chaplain teams to do assessing in various areas. The pair would go as a team and work together.
5. Feeding Team-While we are currently not sending our feeding unit to LA, we are putting together teams to go in and work on other units to relieve those states that are cooking while using their equipment. If you are mass feeding trained and would like to be put together on a team, please contact Jim Ramey at 423-579-2435. Jim is coordinating the team(s).
6. Flood Recovery Teams-Now that we are wrapping up in Waverly, there is need for Flood Recovery teams in LA. If you have a Flood Recovery Team, please send me that same information as listed under the chainsaw need.
7. Bucket Truck teams- Same as for the chainsaw crews.
At this point, we will not be running a site but will be filling gaps where needed. If you have questions, contact me.
Please remember that COVID is still on the move. If you are sick or have been exposed, please delay going until you are clear. Thanks.
In Christ Serving Together,
Thank you for your continued support of God’s Warehouse Ministries. You are making a difference in peoples lives all over the world. Just to give you the best news of all: Tuesday, Kathy Henry called from Waverly and said Don, we have some great news- Four people have accepted Christ here in Waverly this week. My reply was, Kathy this is why we do Disaster Relief work. God is opening doors of opportunity so let’s keep telling people the love story of Jesus.
Dir. God’s Warehouse Ministries
Nolachucky Baptist Assoc.
3441 W. Andrew Johnson Hwy.
Morristown, TN 37814
God’s Warehouse Disaster Response Needs List
3441 W. Andrew Johnson Hwy. Morristown Tn 378